This service agreement is between the service provider, Less But Better and the client. Less But Better will be referred to as LBB the client will be referred to as you, your, or the client. Less But Better will provide services for the client according to the terms below.
- Services to be Performed. With the client’s assistance and presence, LBB will perform the professional on-site de-cluttering and design services for the pre agreed-upon flat rate or hourly fee stated in the quote or invoice unless otherwise mutually agreed-upon. Together, we will strive to create an organized and peaceful space. Additional services such as trash and recycling that is in excess of your weekly trash removal service or delivering donation items in excess of one carload are not included in the service.
- Quality of Performance. LBB agrees to complete the performance of these services in a prompt and professional manner.
- Confidentiality. The work that we do together is strictly confidential, including your name, the nature of the services provided to you, and the photographs of your space, unless written consent is given. It is agreed upon that LBB will not steal or intentionally damage any of the client’s possessions and is trusted to be left alone in the home for the styling portion of the service.
- Cancellation Policy. Due to the nature of the service that we provide, our deposit is considered payment for preparatory work and therefore it is nonrefundable. We will, however, happily reschedule your service provided we receive written notice of your request at least 48 hours before your session start time. If LBB arrives at your scheduled appointment and you are not available, you will be responsible for 100% of the pre agreed-upon session fee.
- Travel fees. All sessions outside Greater Victoria city limits will incur hourly travel fee as stated in the “thanks for your inquiry” email, unless otherwise agreed upon. In the instance at servicing the client requires extended travel, airfare and hotel accommodations, an additional fee will be determined by LBB on a case-by-case basis. The client is bound to all non-refundable travel and airfare fees incurred by LBB, and including the original deposit amount.
- Independent Contractor. It is agreed that LBB is acting as an independent contractor in performing their services here under. This agreement does not create a partnership employer-employee or agency relationship. Neither party has the authority to enter into contracts on behalf of another party. LBB shall be responsible for all of its income and employment tax.
- Payment. The payment of the agreed-upon service rate is due in full upon completion of your service, less the deposit fee of $100. We accept cash, credit cards, and personal checks.
- Liability. Except for death or injury due to actions or omissions of LBB, the liability of LBB is limited to the fees of this agreement. All final decisions on what is kept, donated, or thrown away is the responsibility of the client and LBB shall not be liable in any way for damages resulting from such decisions or actions.
- Indemnity. Client shall indemnify, defend and hold Less but Better, along with its members, managers and employees, harmless from and against any third party claims, damages, liabilities, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, or losses of any nature whatsoever arising out of any actual or alleged agent or intentional act or omission of the client, including but not limited to, any violation of law legislation directive regulation or statute. The provisions of this article shall survive the termination of this contract.
- Entire Agreement. The service agreement and the written assessment form of the entire agreement concerning the organizing project referenced above “the agreement”. This agreement supersedes, and the terms of this agreement governed, any prior agreements, proposals, other communications, oral or written whether part of a purchase order or otherwise. Changes to the terms of this agreement are not effective unless agreed to in writing by both LBB and You.
By moving forward with our booking, the client agrees to accept the terms of this agreement in its entirety.